19 January 2012

D.A.R.

When I hear that, DAR, my mind goes crazy. I think of all the things I could do, if only I could prove a connection to the original military struggle of our country. It would be amazing.

Tonight, I get to tell two nine year olds - and their parents - that they could indeed join the DAR with a little extra research and a few dollars. The benefits to these kids could be unimaginable... volunteer opportunities, networking with their future counterparts in education and business, scholarships, grants... the list goes on. Just having the prestigious organization on your college application is a huge boost. For children in rural areas like Lake County, Colorado, it could mean a significant difference in financial aid and grants for college. This is a BIG DEAL.

Founded in 1890, they currently have 170,000 members and 3,000 chapters, including all fifty states and some international chapters as well. (Source: http://www.dar.org/natsociety/whoweare.cfm).

A truly incredible opportunity for these girls. I hope they jump on it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment! I would love to hear your thoughts!