- Has a reasonably exhaustive search been conducted?
- What other resources need to be examined?
- Who is the most likely candidate to be Oscar's father, based on the evidence collected and the conclusions that have been drawn from said evidence?
In the process, I have discovered some holes, which I called Action Items throughout the series. These are records or searches that need to be evaluated, conducted, ordered, etc, and I've been maintaining the list here.
From Part One: Abraham Brown
- Action Item: Try to obtain a copy of the original newspaper article for Oscar's political ticket. The copy currently held is a transcription.
From Part Two: Talmon Brown
- Action Item: Try to find a death certificate for Mrs. Tolman Brown.
- Action Item: Death certificate or other source for the death date and location of Tolman Brown.
- Action Item: Order a copy of William H. Brown's marriage certificate, Washtenaw County, Michigan. May list parents' names.
- Action Item: Membership to the Washtenaw Genealogical Society, and the ability to search through their annual publication, "Family History Capers", which is indexed online and indicates more information is available on Talmon Brown, a William Brown, and the Collins family. (Submitted membership 28 Sep 2012. Waiting for response from organization.)
- Confirm death information for Tolman, and pursue probate records.
From Part Three: William Brown
- Action Item: Inquire with the Washtenaw County Clerk and/or the State of Michigan to see if the letter noted on the death record for Mary (Brown) Collins is still available; if so, request a copy.
- Continue to research the life and family of Mary (Brown) Collins, as well as the other siblings known to Oscar, for possible information on their mutual parents.
- Gain more knowledge of the records created and preserved through both Washtenaw County and the State of Michigan to see what else may be available.
- Newspaper research on the Brown's of Washtenaw County, Michigan.
From Part Four: Unknown Brown
- Action Item: Order copy of the marriage record between Warren Weatherby and Harriet Brown. Source currently on record is an index only.
- Action Item: Continue to try to track the probate record for Warren Weatherby and obtain a copy.
- Burial records and grave site for (Harriet Brown) Weatherby.
- Explore the potential of more records & resources available through both Michigan and Missouri.
Also, the comments and thoughts that came in from you, dear readers, have been extremely helpful and interesting to read through.
Response from Part Two:
Sep 30, 2012