05 March 2012

BCG Mentor

As I continue to develop my skills and prepare myself for going through the certification process with the Board for Certified Genealogists, or BCG, I have decided to look for a mentor to assist me. This is recommended by the Board, and is something I would very much like to have. I have contacted a couple local folks from the web site, but none of them seem very open to the idea, with time consuming projects of their own.

I am looking for someone to proof read my material, critique my processes and summaries and just provide general morale support. The BCG process is long and, I've heard, can be overwhelming. Locally or digitally, it would sure be nice to have someone "hold my hand."

Please pass this on if you know of anybody that might be interested. Thank you.

http://www.bcgcertification.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment! I would love to hear your thoughts!