23 May 2014

Slowing Down

... giving myself time to breathe. 

What an amazing year 2014 has already proven to be! I have met many of my personal and business goals, and have made some incredible discoveries along the way. I have enjoyed every minute of it, but I have to admit, I am at the point where I need to make some decisions.

I recently accepted a full time position with findmypast as the Outreach Manager, US & Canada. I could not be happier about this role, as it is well suited to my talents and my passions. I love every minute of my work with them. Going back to a 40 hour a week schedule has been a transition process, for our entire family, and requires a bit of "getting used to time."

In addition, I happily signed up for a couple of volunteer roles this year, specifically with the Federation of Genealogical Societies (FGS), and have immersed myself in those projects. They are important to me, and an asset to the genealogy community. There is an ongoing list of other projects and programs I have been involved in over the past couple of years, including this blog. All of this requires time; time I don't necessarily have anymore.

All of this has led me to the decision to simply slow down. I have prioritized my projects and will be pulling out of a handful more adventures over the coming weeks. I feel good about my decisions and feel that I am putting the best of myself into my career, and creating time to devote to my family, friends, and community. While I am not planning to completely stop blogging here, I am planning on slowing down. And I wanted to give my readers a heads up, because that's only fair.

Watch for more content on fraternal societies, because I simply cannot resist! I will also try to post as I attend conferences and events on behalf of findmypast. I'll be traveling again soon to the SCGS Jamboree and the FGS 2014 Conference "Gone to Texas" in San Antonio.

With deep respect for all of my friends here, I'm signing off for a bit.

Regards,

Jen



Me, summer 2013. Photo taken by my then four year old.
All rights reserved. 'Cause she deserves credit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment! I would love to hear your thoughts!