05 December 2013

And then there were two…

Oh, Oscar, you vex me. 


Try as I might, you just continue to throw obstacles down in front of me, don't you? 


Dear Readers, If you are unfamiliar with my Oscar research, or have simply forgotten why he has become a point of frustration, you can read all about it him in my previous posts. The important thing to remember is that I really do not know for certain who is father is, I have a few theories, but nothing concrete.



I used your name as an example in running a relationship search on FamilySearch.org today, and I guess you decided I had not researched you recently enough, because you threw this at me: 


FamilySearch.org Search Results, "Oscar F. Brown" 1880 U.S. Federal Census. Accessed 5 Dec 2013.




Why is there suddenly a second "Oscar F. Brown" listed in the 1880 U.S. Census for Colfax County, Nebraska? WHY? I know that I have searched Colfax County, and the 1880 census enough to know that I have not seen this entry before.


And why did he have to be born in New York, and within five years of when I think you were born, Oscar? The only difference seems to be the name of his wife: Maria instead of Frances. Perhaps this is the Oscar F. Brown that is known to be brother to Charles Brown (also a resident of Colfax County), that I have never been able to firmly identify as my Oscar.

So much research left to do… so little time.


And I am so looking forward to the challenge.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment! I would love to hear your thoughts!