16 January 2013

Hidden Sources


This past summer, someone asked me where they could find a list of all the Mayor’s that had served for Breckenridge (Summit County, Colorado). At the time, I didn’t know the answer. I put in a few phone calls, but either no one was home at the time, or they never got back to me.

About a week later, I walked into the Breckenridge Town Hall to talk to the records office dealing with our cemetery papers. In the entryway was this plaque:


Breckenridge, Summit County, Colorado, Rocky Mountains, history, genealogy, creative research, sources, Town Hall, plaque, Jen Baldwin, Ancestral Breezes, Ancestral Journeys


How many times had I walked past this? Too many to count. There it was, for all to see, a historical record of our Town Mayors.

What’s the point of this short and simple post? You just never know where your information may come from. Where you might find another clue. At the time I took this photo, I was actively researching three of the men on this list. Not all had been identified in my notes as Mayor. 

By the way, in case you need a transcription of the list, there is one at the Summit County, Colorado Trails to the Past website.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment! I would love to hear your thoughts!