22 March 2012

Today Matters Just As Much

Over the past few weeks, I have had numerous interactions with members of my family, mostly via phone, regarding current events in our families history. Everything from basketball tournaments, toddler birthday parties, and participating in fundraising for causes has been discussed, at length.

One thing that continues to strike me is this: we make memories every day. These are the stories our children will tell around the dinner table after a Thanksgiving meal when they are adults. Some of the conversations recently have been rather negative, full of frustration, anger, drama and complicating details. It makes me take a step back and to tell myself to stop. It doesn't matter that much. It's not that important.

What matters is the smile on my daughters face. That's all.

My thoughts for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment! I would love to hear your thoughts!