25 February 2012

Cemeteries: Valley Brook Cemetery

Valley Brook Cemetery is located in Summit County, Colorado, in the town of Breckenridge. It lies not far from the main downtown area, across from a daycare. It's truly a beautiful location, set on a hill with tall trees and gorgeous wildflowers during the summer months.

One of the unique features was the trend of putting ornate gates and fences around grave sites and family plots during the Victorian Era.

Last summer I spent several hours photo documenting the gravestones, and I estimate to be about 75% finished with the primary cemetery. The Breckenridge Masonic Cemetery is immediately adjacent, and I plan to finish Valley Brook and the Masonic section this coming summer. It is truly a peaceful and inspiring place, and one of my favorite locations in Breckenridge.













No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment! I would love to hear your thoughts!